Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Fairies Wear Boots


I post these (videos to Instagram) for myself. I'm not trying to impress anyone. I'm not happy with the way I look and feel these days. I'm hoping by videoing myself doing this thing I love it will motivate me to get in better shape so I can enjoy life more.

I'm tired of not being able to do the things I want to do. I'm tired of hurting and aching after trivial activities. I'm tired of knowing I'm strong but carrying too much mental and physical baggage.

When I was younger I did some incredible things. And mostly solo. Giving in to the internal and external pressure to be “successful". I took the wrong path. I knew better. But I equated maturity with conformity.
I was wrong.

Fifteen years of career hell and most of those sitting at a desk and making long car commutes has weakened the core of me.

I'm not done yet. I can claim the later years of my life and make them my best.

(originally posted a couple weeks ago)

No comments: